Gonzalez & Waddington
Michael Waddington is a criminal Defense lawyer specializing in serious felonies, court martial cases, and war crimes. He has defended cases in the USA, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific. He has successfully defended numerous high profile court martial cases arising from the War on Terror and has been reported on and quoted by hundreds of major media sources worldwide. He has provided consultation services to 60 Minutes, ABC Nightline, CNN and CBS.
Please Call: 706-821-2222
|Mr. Michael Waddington was born in New Castle, PA. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA with a BA degree. He earned his law degree from Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, PA.|
At Temple, he successfully completed with honors Temple's Nationally #1 Ranked Trial Lawyer Training Program (U.S. News and World Report)
Michael Waddington is admitted to practice before the following courts:
- Defended military personnel from E-1 to E-9 and WO1 to O-6 at court martials, Article 32s, pretrial confinement hearings, NJP, and separation boards.
- Successfully defended servicemembers of:
murder, drug offenses, detainee abuse, maltreatment, attempted murder, rape, sexual crimes, child abuse, trainee abuse, maiming, aggravated assault, larceny, financial crimes, computer crimes, white collar crime, and various other crimes. Click here to see specific cases.
- Represented over 400 soldiers that were being administratively discharged from the military.
- Former Army JAG officer.
- Served two tours as an Army defense lawyer. Headed a Trial Defense Service (TDS) branch office as the Senior Defense Counsel.
- Former Special Assistant United States Attorney. Prosecuted cases in Federal Court. Worked with the FBI, ATF, DEA, Secret Service, and U.S. Marshall's Service.
- Former Chief of Military Justice.
- Received the Award for Excellence in Advocacy, U.S. Army JAG Corps Criminal Law Advocacy Course.
- Enlisted in the Army out of high school and rose to the rank of CPT.
- All Military Trial Courts Worldwide
- South Carolina
- New Jersey
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- American Bar Association Litigation Division
- Michael Waddington is a trial lawyer that primarily practices in the area of criminal defense, court martial defense, and appeals.
- Juris Doctor, May 2000
- Completed, with honors, Temple's #1 Ranked Trial Advocacy Program (U.S. News and World Report)
- Law Journal Editor: Temple Environmental Law & Technology Journal, 1998-2000
- BA, Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Dean's List 8 Consecutive Semesters
- Army ROTC Scholarship Recipient, Distinguished Military Graduate, Battalion Commander
- Study Aboard: Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- Speaker, “Attacking Witness Credibility & Rules of Evidence,” Military Defense Conference, Charleston, SC, Spring 2006
- Speaker, “Witness Impeachment,”Military Defense Conference, Orlando, FL, Spring 2004
- Speaker, “Urinalysis Defense," Military Defense Conference,”Washington, DC, Fall 2003
- Instructor, Numerous Federal Law Enforcement Seminars, Fort Gordon, GA, June 2004-July 2005
- Michael Waddington speaks Spanish and English. He has lived and studied in Spain, worked in Puerto Rico, and frequently travels to Puerto Rico on business and vacation.
Please Call: 706-821-2222
Michael Waddington is a criminal defense lawyer that defends cases in Military courts worldwide and Federal and State courts. Mr. Waddington uses a hard hitting aggressive style that has earned him a reputation as a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom. When retained, Mr. Waddington immediately takes an offensive rather than a defensive approach to fighting for his clients.
Mr. Waddington has provided legal consultation services to 60 Minutes, ABC Nightline, the BBC, German Public Television and others. In June 2007, Mr. Waddington was selected to write an article on Court Martials and military law for the New Jersey State Bar Magazine, in the magazine's first-ever edition focusing on Military Law and issues relevant to military personnel and veterans. This journal is the leading legal news magazine for New Jersey lawyers, judges, and lawmakers.
Mr. Waddington provides criminal defense & trial consultation services in serious cases worldwide. In the summer of 2008, he acted as the chief trial consultant and legal strategist for 3 Israeli clients charged in Tokyo, Japan in the largest drug trafficking case in Japanese history.
He has been reported on and quoted by hundreds of major media sources to include USA Today, Washington Post, New York Times, Newsweek, Fox News, Fox and Friends, CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, ABC News, Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times, Augusta Chronicle, and many others. He has acted as a military law analyst and appeared live on al Jazeera news network.
Mr. Waddington served two tours as an Army defense lawyer, worked as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, and as an Army Chief of Military Justice.
Click here for expanded biography
Alexandra Gonzalez-Waddington is known for her excellence in representing clients in family law cases. She is a Georgia State Registered Mediator in Domestic, General, and Civil Practice Mediation. She specializes in representing military service members with family law issues unique to military service. Mrs. Waddington sharpened her courtroom skills while working as a trial lawyer for the Public Defender's office in Augusta, GA and by successfully completing Temple University School of Law's Nationally Ranked Trial Lawyer Training Program (#1 according to the U.S. News and World Report).
Click here for expanded biography
Gonzalez & Waddington prides itself in its client service. We strive to respond to all phone calls and e-mails, and work very closely with our clients. To contact the firm, either e-mail us or call 706-821-2222 for a consultation.
601 North belair Square, Suite 16
Evans, GA 30809