Strom Law Firm, L.L.C.
Strom Law Firm, South Carolina's Personal Injury & Criminal Defense Lawyers
Founded in 1996 by the former U.S. Attorney for South Carolina, and current President of the South Carolina Association for Justice, J. Preston "Pete" Strom, Jr., of the Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. is a leader in providing solutions to criminal law, personal injury, workers' compensation and other complex legal problems. Mr. Strom has been given an AV-Rating, the highest ranking possible, from the respected legal guide Martindale-Hubble.
Our firm understands that you may be intimidated and confused when dealing with law enforcement or pursuing a claim through the state or federal courts. Our experienced attorneys are committed to guiding you with friendly, attentive legal advice and representation focused on protecting your rights and interests. Contact Us online, or call toll free: 888.490.2847
We represent clients throughout South Carolina and the Southeastern United States in all types of State and Federal Criminal and civil matters. We also handle mass tort and class action cases on a nationwide basis.
Please Call: 803-252-4800
J. Preston "Pete" Strom Jr.
Columbia, South Carolina
|phone ||(803) 252-4800|
|fax ||(803) 252-4801|
|email ||Email Me|
Joseph Preston "Pete" Strom, Jr. was born in Columbia, South Carolina in 1959. He graduated with a B.A. from the University of South Carolina in 1981 and received his J.D. from U.S.C. in 1984. Upon graduation from law school, Pete served as law clerk to the Honorable Frank Eppes, a state trial court judge. Pete then joined the Fifth Judicial Circuit Solicitors (District Attorney) Office as an Assistant Solicitor. While there, he prosecuted the first heroin trafficking case of over 100 grams and handled over 200 drug cases. After a stint in private practice, where he was a partner in three law firms, Pete was named United States Attorney for the District of South Carolina in 1993. At the time he was appointed by Attorney General Janet Reno, Pete was the youngest U.S. Attorney in the country. As U.S. Attorney, Pete created the Violent Crimes Task Force in South Carolina, which Attorney General Reno referred to as "a national model for the country through a provocative violent crime initiative". Pete also served on Justice Department committees relating to organized crime, white collar crime, sentencing guidelines, and juvenile justice. Pete returned to private practice in 1996, founding the law firm of Strom & Young, L.L.P.
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Toxic Torts
- Workers' Compensation Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- South Carolina, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1986
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 1984
Juris Dr, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, 1981
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1995
Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government
- Op-ed articles in the daily and weekly papers of South Carolina
- Quarterly column in the South Carolina Business Journal, a publication of the State Chamber of Commerce
- Presenter, Leadership Columbia, 1995
- Presenter, South Carolina Health and Human Finance Commission, 1995
- Presenter, Leadership Greenville, 1995
- Presenter, Columbia Legal Assistance Association, 1995
- Presenter, South Carolina Chapter of the FBI National Academy, 1994
- Presenter, United States Attorney's Conference, 1994
- Presenter, "Silence the Violence Campaign", South Carolina Department of Education and the South Carolina Bar, 1994
- Presenter, South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, 1993
- Presenter, Greenville Business Watch, 1993
- Presenter, Columbia Kiwanis Club, 1993
- Presenter, South Carolina Law Enforcement Officer's Association, 1992
- Presenter, South Carolina Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee, 1992
- Presenter, South Carolina Bar Association, 1992
- Presenter, South Carolina Sheriff's Association, 1992
- Presenter, National Sheriff's Association, 1990
- Recipient, James Pickett Fellowship in Criminal Justice, 1995
- Columbia Downtown Business Association, 1995
- Southeast Regional Technology Board, 1995
- Highlighted in the United States Congressional Staff Judicial Directory, 1994
- Who's Who in American Law, 1994
- Southern Regional Violence and Substance Abuse Prevention Center, 1994
- Highlighted in the Barrister, a publication of the American Bar Association, 1994
- Chairman, Juvenile Justice and Child Support Enforcement Subcommittee, United States Department of Justice, 1993
- Chairman, South Carolina Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee, 1993
- Attorney General's Advisory Committee, United States Department of Justice, 1993 - 1994
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association Legislative Steering Committee, 1993 - 1994
- President, Kappa Sigma Fraternity, 1981
Please Call: 803-252-4800
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference
- National Association of Former United States Attorneys
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Hon. Frank Eppes, Thirteenth Circuit Judge, Law Clerk, 1984 - 1985
- District of South Carolina, United States Attorney, 1993 - 1996
- Bolt, Popowski, McCulloch & Strom, Columbia, South Carolina, Partner, 1990 - 1993
- Law Offices of J. Preston Strom, Columbia, South Carolina, Partner, 1988 - 1990
- Leventis, Strom & Wicker, Columbia, South Carolina, Partner, 1986 - 1988
- Fifth Circuit Solicitor's Office, Columbia, South Carolina, Assistant Solicitor, 1985 - 1986
- Kappa Sigma
Please Call: 803-252-4800
Strom Law Firm, L.L.C.
Strom Law Firm, L.L.C., in Columbia, South Carolina, was founded in 1996 by former U.S. Attorney J. P. Strom, Jr., P.A. We have grown considerably since that time but remain fully dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of our clients in both civil and criminal proceedings. Our attorneys include J. Preston Strom, Jr., Mario Pacella, Robert Hood, and John Alphin. In addition to being licensed in South Carolina, Mario A. Pacella is admitted to practice in Georgia and New York.
For further information about each of our lawyers, please use the links provided below to view their complete profiles.
Toll Free 888.490.2847
Free Consultations • Flexible Appointments • Se Habla Español
For answers to your questions about personal injury, criminal defense, workers' compensation, civil litigation, or any of our other practice areas — please feel free to call or contact us at any time.OUR FIRM
The lawyers at Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. in Columbia have devoted their professional lives to serving the people and families of our state. Our firm's purpose is simple — to help people. We remain true to this purpose regardless of whether our client has suffered a serious personal injury as the result of another's negligence, or they have been arrested and charged with a serious criminal offense.
Our only interests are the best interests of the client. Focusing only on their needs and objectives, we are committed to vigorously advocating for client rights and interests in each case. This emphasis — combined with our legal experience, our research resources, the strong network of professional relationships we have built, the respect and trust we have earned among our peers, and just as importantly, our enthusiasm — enables us to give the sound advice that enables you to make informed legal decisions regarding your case.
History and Practice…
Founded in 1996 by former U.S. Attorney and current President-Elect of the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, Pete Strom, our practice has expanded from its original focus on representing individuals and businesses in South Carolina to a firm that now represents clients in complex civil and criminal cases throughout the Southeastern U.S. and nationwide.
Our civil and administrative practice includes cases involving personal injury, auto accidents, toxic torts, consumer protection cases, business disputes, Social Security disability, veterans' disability ratings, and workers' compensation. Our state and federal criminal defense practice includes misdemeanor offenses of all types; procedural matters that include bond hearings, parole hearings, probation hearings, Rule 35 proceedings, and expungements; and felonies that range from DUI charges to conspiracy, fraud, money laundering, and even murder.
Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. welcomes co-counsel opportunities and routinely accepts case referrals from attorneys practicing in other states.
Contact Strom Law Firm, L.L.C.
At Strom Law Firm, L.L.C., we understand that resolving disputes through the justice system can be bewildering and intimidating. As a result, we are determined to provide our services in a friendly, client-oriented environment where questions are always welcome and where answers and the help you need are just a phone call away.
We provide initial consultations free of charge, offer flexible appointment scheduling, and our offices, located across from Richland Fashion Mall in Columbia, South Carolina, are easily accessible.
Se Habla EspañolPRACTICE AREAS
Located in Columbia, South Carolina, Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. is dedicated to helping individuals, families, and business clients find solutions to a broad range of legal issues and problems. If you, your family or your business has a concern involving any of the following practice areas, call us toll free at 888.490.2847 or complete the brief form located on our contact page.
Nationwide Practice Areas
The attorneys at Strom Law Firm, L.L.C. handle mass torts, class action lawsuits, and complex litigation involving asbestos, dangerous pharmaceutical drugs, environmental pollution, consumer fraud, insurance bad faith and more. For further information, please see:
South Carolina and the South East Region
Our lawyers protect the rights and interests of clients throughout South Carolina and the South East portion of the United States in complex matters involving everything from car crashes or trucking accidents and serious burn injury cases to white collar criminal defense, DUI and will contest litigation. For further information, please see: